Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

evil twin

There are two who reside in me
one that I hide
and one that most of you see.
She who stays hidden
most of the time
comes out and rears her ugly head
always at the wrong time.
she embarrasses me
shames me
scares me, too.
She does things with my body that the other me wouldn't do.
She's my evil twin
bound to kill me somehow.
Kill me through
self destruction, pain and
and deep sorrow.
Can I kill her before she kills me?
If I kill her with kindness and compassion
would I then be free?
Is she looking for the love
that she never had enough of
or is she truly set on destroying herself
despite the presence of pure love?

2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen that twin. You're right - she's UGLY, distructive, foolhardy, and a damn pain in the butt. But then, so is mine. I have found that simply not acknowledging her, pushing her out of your life and mind works sometimes. Other times you need to just NOT GO where you know she likes to make a fuss. Easier said than done, huh? Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen her too! Hope you are having an OK week. What's your schedule like?? Ian has camp from 9 to 3 every day....

    ReplyDelete