Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa Lucia...

I wish I knew more...but I do know that it was Santa Lucia day today and Meka's school had a lovely celebration of it. Meka's class, the 2nd grade, dressed up in red and white tunics and red and white caps while the oldest child in the class transformed into Santa Lucia. She wore a crown of greens with 4 white candles, the children all carried candles in their hands. We made our way up to the Early Childhood classrooms, singing and handing out lovely basket of Santa Lucia buns. We then traveled back down and visited the upper grades (5-8) and then the office and finally, the lower grades (1-4), singing and handing out lovely buns all the while. I felt very blessed to be a part of such a lovely event. Things like this made me even MORE thankful that we have chosen a Waldorf education for our daughter.

And, thanks to many of my loyal fans, I have been making LOTS of jewelry! I went to a "stick, wrap & bow" party last night and received a few orders and received a few more via email. It warms my heart to think that I'M providing someone with a beautiful and meaningful gift for someone special in their life.

The best news of the week, however, was Tuesday's news...

Jolee's adoption was finalized! After 3 1/2 years of ups, downs, heartache, heartbreak, bliss and tears...it's over! Jolee Rose Beattie is officially OURS! A more perfect Christmas gift could not be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment