Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Catching up...





I DID cook meals, or plan meals, all last week, but didn't have time to post them! I even took a photo of my salmon marinating! So here's my list (I already told you about Tuesday and Wednesday, exciting as they were!):

Thursday: Thursdays are always hard because I take Meka to horseback riding and we don't get home until 5:30-6pm. This week, however, Donny took her so I had a chance to prepare dinner!
Menu: Marinated salmon, rice pilaf (Near East roasted garlic) and steamed broccoli (the girls get a charge out of having "eat the tree" contests)

Salmon recipe:
1 cup soy sauce (I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos...I perceive it as more healthy :-)
1 cup white wine (I bought a "box-o-wine" and keep it in the pantry for cooking adventures)
2 tbsp chopped garlic (I buy it in a jar already chopped)
1 tbsp chopped ginger (again, from a jar)
mix all together, add salmon and marinate for as long as possible (1 hour was all we had today but I have my nifty sealer container that makes marinating fast and easy!). I usually grill the salmon, but I broiled it instead. The salmon is done when it flakes with a fork.
Delicious!

Friday: Our household favorite that reminds me of Lindsey every time we have it...chicken, penne and broccoli tossed with an alfredo/pesto mixture. Recipe: cook chicken. cook penne. steam broccoli. Throw together and put on a bunch of pesto cut 1/2 with alfredo. All from a jar. Simple and delicioso!

Elvia and Jolee had a wonderful time painting on Friday morning. We learned all about Blue and Red! The brushes, mind you, were a means to and end. An end which resulted in very RED and very BLUE hands!

My weekend was super fun. Friday afternoon I took Jolee and Meka skating at the ice rink in Falmouth. The school has ice time rented throughout the winter on Fridays from 2-3. Jolee was not so sure that skating was all that fun, especially when she fell over and over and over again. We found a folding metal chair and pushed her around and that was MUCH more her style!

Saturday morning I got up, got ready and got the hell outta dodge! Hannah, Lizzie and I took a road trip to visit "friend Laurie" at her digs at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. She's a Captain in the Air Force getting her master's degree and is living at the Naval base for a spell. Her husband, Brunu, cooked us an amazing authentic Portuguese lunch and then shooed us off to the craft store Absolutely Everything in Topsfield, MA. We got home, primped and then went into Portsmouth for dinner. We ended up eating at a brew pub and had a great time. I cannot divulge and of our dinner conversation topics, but let's just say we all learned A LOT about each other!!!

We tried to go out dancing but the bands just weren't doin' it for us. We went home, ate some chips and ice cream and went to bed around midnight.

Sunday morning, Laurie cooked us yummy blueberry pancakes and then sent us on our way. There was a tricky snowstorm that slowed us down a bit on the way home, but we made it safe and sound.

I arrived to find a VERY sick husband and three crabby girls! I sent him to bed and managed to maintain some semblance of peace for the rest of the day. We even made cookies!

I managed to get the three girls up, dressed and fed and all of us OUT the door by 8:05 this morning! We were a little late for school, but I had to cut myself a little bit of slack!

Donny went to the doctor and has influenza (the FLU!) so he's resting and I'm trying my darndest to baby him! It does NOT come naturally to me. I have too many other little people to baby!

'til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment