Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dinner Challenge 1&2

Sommer put us all to the challenge: plan and prepare meals for 5 nights. Here's what she proposed:

"Here's my idea: I am challenging myself to making dinner every night this week. And it has to be something I haven't made in a long time. Each morning, I'll post the recipe from the previous night's dinner, with a picture, of course. I'm aiming for quick and easy over here.

I'm inviting you to do the same! Join me, and post your dinner recipes on your blogs. Hopefully, we can all get out of this rut and try something different."

I have no photos...I'm lucky to get dinner on the table!
Last night:
egg, peppers, bacon and cheese breakfast burritos
the recipe?
well, saute a bunch of onions and peppers. Add cooked bacon towards the end (I cook my bacon in the oven. Anyone else know this WICKED easy trick?) Whisk a bunch of eggs, add some 1/2 n 1/2 and pour over veggie mixture. Add a bunch of shredded cheddar. Pile onto a ww tortilla and you're done!

Tuesday night:
A bit more involved...I'll have to post this one later. I will tell you that I put chicken legs in the crockpot with a bottle of Annie's terryaki marinade and let them cook all day. I also made a macrobiotic bean dish (this is the part that I need to get the recipe for but have to get my kids up and out of bed!!!) and peas and a salad. And wine. And I even invited the neighbor and her daughter over for an impromptu dinner!

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment