Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter in Maine...

Ah....I remember those days of waking up early, before the sun came up and listening to the rustling of my stepfather in the kitchen. He'd have the radio or TV turned up ridiculously loud so as not to miss the cancellation list. I'd lay in bed, all snuggled and warm, listening with such intensity, straining my ears until...

"No school in Winthrop today."

...and then roll over and fall back to sleep....

those were the days!!!!

Now Donny goes downstairs and looks online for the cancellation list. The girls have already been up for at least an hour and the possibility of them rolling over to go back to sleep is NIL! I know...when they are teenagers I will BEG for them to get out of bed!

This morning it is snowing. Gee, did you guess that??? Meka has no school. Donny and I will be driving Jolee to an appointment with the immunologist to try, yet again, to get the bottom (no pun intended) of her bowel issues. Meka will join us, disappointed that she can't play with a friend while we are gone.

I hope and pray that we get some answers from the appointment, but approach it with timidity. What can they say? More tests. I'm 90% sure that's what they'll say. I just want, for Jolee's sake, for there to be an answer.

Tonight I will be hosting our bookclub to discuss the book Zoli. It was an entertaining read about the life of a gypsy, I'd give it a 3 out of 5. I look forward to spending the evening with 5 of my very favorite women!!! I'm so incredibly blessed to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment