Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Post Birthday Update

This post is for those of you who read my post and thought, "oh, gee, Leslie has LOST her MIND!!!"

The REST of my 39th birthday was just lovely. I received phone calls from all of my parents, biological and otherwise. Even Barry remembered and called me last night! I was quite moved by them all calling me to wish me well on my "special" day. I received a riotous card from my dear friend, Vicki, and it brought me back to silly days in high school. The end of the night, however, was the highlight of my day.

I had brought the girls to Target for some "retail therapy" and got home to find the table lovingly set with my purple dish ware and purple tulips and a nice bottle of wine. Donny had gone to "Doug's" (a.k.a. Scarlet Begonia's) to get dinner. He and Doug designed a meal just for me! I had my very own, personalized Doug special! It was so delicious! Scallops, spinach and roasted red peppers in a pesto cream sauce. Oooh, la la!!!

And dessert...

My very favorite: German chocolate cake. We tried a new bakery, the European Bakery in Falmouth, and it was TO DIE FOR!!!

I think you all recall my foiled TJ Maxx shopping experience??? Well, Donny managed to surprise me with a gift certificate there to spend on myself. After dinner, I said "see ya!" to the family and went shopping! Hannah met me out and, after TJ Maxx, we went to Borders and browsed until 10.

So, see? I'm okay. I'm NOT losing my mind. Just a little bit here and there...nothing to get your panties in a wrinkle over.

New craft project? These LOVELY knitted fairy dolls in this month's issue of Living Crafts magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Phew! Sooooo glad it ending MUCH better than it began! Gotta love that man of yours - he rocks!
    LJ

    ReplyDelete