Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Art...finally!

Finally...I made some art! I was inspired while looking through a past issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. It's nothing glamorous, but it filled my soul last night while creating her. I'm not sure what I'll do with her.

I have this issue with creating art. I feel like everything I make should be able to be sold. Crazy, huh? That feeling keeps me from making things like this "Joy Within" piece. I can't sell her. I ripped off the idea from another artist and it's very personal to me. that's good, right? I SHOULD be making art for ME, right?

The weekend was great. We went to Wolf's Neck Farm on Saturday and met our good friends, Becca and Rob and their kids there. There were, of course, poop stories. I'll spare you all from them. Let's just say they had more then chicken manure on their lawn that day....

Yesterday Lorraine came down and we had a great time looking at old photos and reminiscing. My favorite part of the day was preparing dinner while Meka, Lorraine and Donny were playing Parcheesi. Listening to their laughter and discussion filled me up with sunshine.

And back to reality on Monday morning! Meka went back to school today and Jolee and Elvia are playing "puppy." Thank goodness they are playing and not attacking each other!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment