Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Monday...

Broken Heart
This is my piece of art to share for the day. I finished it yesterday...yes, I actually went down to my "studio" and played for a while. I started this with every intention of making something lovely with the heart shape...and ended up very quickly seeing the heart as "broken"...and what better to fill my broken heart with...thoughts of Jolee. It isn't as captivating as some of my other pieces...I feel, but it was a release for me and that's what matters most.

It was a great day for me...much different than last weekend when I was so in a funk that I couldn't drag my butt out of bed...I slept in our pop-up camper with Meka and her cousin, Chloe. They were kind and came inside the house until 7am, at which time they said, "time to get up, breakfast is ready!"

We then went into town to watch the parade. Yep, Laura, complete with tractors pulling flat bed trailors! Gotta love our Maine parades!

After a lovely nap, we went up to my mother-in-laws for a festive cookout then Donny and I played tennis with our neice and nephew. It was so much fun. They are so BIG now...and it's really amazing to relate to them as adults.

And now I'm off to shower and read some more of Atonement...It's supposed to be wonderful, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I remember those flatbeds! It was raining so hard and we were all fighting for the tiny dry spot under the porch roof. Was that yet another Vreeland "seniority" thing? We got wet!
    Life here today was 'memorable' as well. I took my trusty elementary band to play at the festivities at Libby Bowl, and they did GREAT! I wonder if they have any idea how special it is to play on the very stage graced by the likes of Aaron Copland, Igor Stavinsky, Michael Tilson Thomas, Barry Socher - and so many other musical immortals? And there sit my 15 little musicians, happily tooting away.
    It was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I just left another comment. I wonder if you got that one? I really don't want to write it over again if you did.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Love It. I am still waiting for you to make something for me....Hannah

    ReplyDelete